Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ghoom ke aaya GOA, mera naam Rocky Balboa!!

The title of the post has no hidden meanings, no double entendres, no subtle under text - its plain and simple arbit. So was the trip arbit too.. Lemme see...

Goa of my imaginations stood for sandy beaches with topless sunbathing women. The beaches are sandy all right but the top less women were all covered up. Sigh!!!

Goa for me stood for overload of daaru at the rave parties happening at the beaches. Overload of alcohol happened of course (overload of a lot of things happened) but the rave parties have moved from beaches of goa to somewhere I dont know about.

Goa to me was the country of hajjar pubs and discs with all night partying. The pubs are there al right but their doors are closed for stags like me. (they dont know what they missed!!)

With all the buts - did I have any fun.

But of course.

The trip seemed like jinxed right from the start.

To begin with, just when I was starting to get ready to go to the airport - I got a message tha my flight was delayed by 5 hours. Being a loyal Air deccan frequent flyer, I was aware of all their schemes and knew that this was'nt the whole truth. I knew instinctively, that there will be more delays after this. So, I immediately got on the phone with the Deccan airport manager. I cribbed, I cried, I shouted, , I reasoned, I begged, I praised deccan to the moon and Vijay mallaya all the way to Pluto, I even invoked god and by the end of it all - got my self on a Kingfisher flight bound for Goa (scheduled for departure 10 mins before my Deccan flight). I thought - I had accomplished the impossible and that it was a good omen. Little did I know....

Got to Goa and re unioned with my two pals, Tush and Smoochy. The ride from the airport was good for eyes (very scenic) and ears (intellectually stimulating. Topics discussed - New chicks in the office, smoochy's exploits in singapore, party scene in bangalore, etc etc)

An hour and a half later, we got to Calangute and met the person who was arranging our acco. He showed us the rooms. While, the other 2 were Ok with it, yours truly wanted to look around. Why - coz this is not exactly peak season, there is a good place across the road, did not want to take the first thing available. All logical, correct. Wrong!!!! Coz two hours later, we were still looking.

Finally and believe me that finally comes with a big sigh of relief - Finaaaaally, we found a room. we settled in. Tush stripped down to bare minimums (giving Anil Kapoor a complex) to freshen up and we (me and smoochy, not tush) crashed on the bed. Beep. I got a message. 'Your air deccan flight is delayed and will now leave an hour later'. Dudes - was I lucky or was I lucky.

Strategic decisions like Car/bike to rent, plan for the night and tomorrow were discussed and settled. The four of us freshened up and moved out to get some (if you know what I mean). Four?? Ya, I know - we were three to begin with. Picked up the fourth guy somewhere on the way from airport to town. He got into my head, started hammering like there was no tomorrow and gave me the worst headache of my life. You will say, so what - its just a headache. Aah, you gotta get it to believe it.

We enjoyed a beer at the beach where my phone went beep again. It said - You are a lucky dog to get on the KF flight coz your deccan flight is delayed by another couple of hours. Dinner was at some place serving continental, indian, chinese, italian and sea food. Hmmm.. with all the variety - we took 10 mins to order.

Feeling all fuelled up - we headed to the most happening joint - Tito's. We were ready and raring to go but if ever there was a bigger anticlimax. "Sorry, only couples allowed". With headache in my , where else, head - the evening became a blur getting kicked from one joint to another.

By the time the evening ended, we knew the bouncers at all major discs by first name, Tush proved that he could drive in the dark, I demonstrated how a six foot tall guy can sleep on the back seat of a maruti zen, smoochy had used up all expletives to describe the party scene of goa (for stags), we had been to a disc where there were more 'pick ups' than there were ppl to pick up the 'pick ups' (no, we did not pick up anyone) and my phone did not go BEEP.

All the party animals flying by Air deccan were finally in Goa. Tomorrow, should be a better day!! With that thought, we played cards, I lost some money and slept with two snoring asses.

Coming soon - Day 2: Things could not have been better!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope ur jinx doesnt continue in the next trip..it better not.. am sure u have toned down ur expectations of goa.. :-)

Smoochy said...

kya bakwas title hai?

and u'd better follow this up quick. this post doesnt sound nearly as 'happy' as the trip was!

and hi, tum!