Monday, December 17, 2007

Cough Parade
I have had a cough for the last 8 days now. A lot has changed in that period.
To start with, my salary. Has gone up but not enough to take you all out to a five star and treat you to buckets full of wine and high calorie food. No, thank you very much. But ask for a good night out at my place with exotic Italian food (read pizzas) and super exotic Russian drink (read Vodka), and I will think about it. Heck, I will even let you guys win a little when we play cards.
Also, my status. After getting engaged and burdened and all with responsibility - I got a brief respite. Tum left the city and went to Delhi for her trousseau shopping. So, from quasi-married I had become fraud-bachelor. But, as they say - all good things come to an end. Now that she is back, so has the fraud bachelor period. Bo hoooo
My "never been to Goa" status. In this world there are only two kinds of people. The ones who have been to Goa and ones who have not. Well, that changed last weekend when I finally visited the holy beaches where sun bathing topless, drinking like a fish (even when you have cough) and dancing like crazy are the sacrifices you have to make to achieve nirvana. Believe me, I tried hard. Since, I have not been nirvanaed, I guess I will have to try again. New year weekend - maybe :)
The diagnosis of my cough. It was diagnosed as plain allergy, then re diagnosed as flu cough and the current status is some form of bronchitis. The one thing that has remained constant is the constant coughing which miraculously went away while I was having super chilled away but returned soon after. Maybe, its a sign from god - Keep beering. Ok God - Hic!!
You must be wondering about the title of the post. Last night on the way back in the train - in my bay out of 8 people, 4 were coughing. The influence of Job (my friend) showed up and I instantly named the situation Cuffe parade. Having spent so many weekends in his PJed company, this had to happen.
PS: Watch out for a full blown post on my version of goa trip. The reality could of course be very different.

4 comments:

तुषार वर्मा said...

waiting for the big blow post on goa trip

Life of Mi said...

soon.. my friend...

Anonymous said...

nice blog......
fraud bachelor.....i can see u had ball of time when i was away..... time to take revenge :-)

Tennisfan said...

Dude, you made me world famous in India - thank u:)