Thursday, March 05, 2009

My 25!!

This has been doing the rounds on FB. Make way, my turn -

  1. I always look at the worst case outcome first. But my philosophy since Day 1 of summer placements at IIML has been that the worst case outcome is never bad enough. Life still goes on.
  2. At the risk of sounding Model Town macho, I do best when circumstances are not in my favour. Not because I do best under pressure blah di blah. But coz there are no expectations.
  3. I am invariably running late for morning meetings. I hate them.
  4. This is going to sound weird. Somewhere deep down I kinda like it when my flight gets delayed. Its coz I am stranded there but it is not my fault. So, I can just sit there not doing anything particularly - reading a book, chatting up with people sitting around me, just watching people go by.
  5. It is amazing that there are people I never talked to while studying with them in the same class at college for 2-3 years. Picked it up with them after a gap and am goood friends with them now.
  6. I can't suck up and I hate ppl who even give an appearance of doing so. So much so that in my previous job, I had a great rapport with my boss but used to be very restricted in my interaction in the office. He actually asked me why I was avoiding him in the office and if there was problem.
  7. If I say something, it never happens. So, I refrain from saying a lot of stuff out loud.
  8. I hate the civic sense people have in delhi. I think I have mentioned it multiple times but I am just not able to get used to it.
  9. I am a stickler for not using the sms languageand find people who use it quite frivolous.
  10. I can consume copious amount of alcohol straight up but give me 1 beer after 3 drinks and you are in for a fun show
  11. I always always always get post purchase dissonance. Be it a shirt, a car, a tv, job - anything
  12. I used to think a lot about what others think abt me. That has gone down quite a lot
  13. I am a senti emotional ass.
  14. I find it much easier to forgive now but very hard to forget
  15. That said, am really really forgetful in my day to day life. By the way, Where's my tie
  16. I am the most un-virgo virgo ever when it comes to being organised et al. Exhibit A, B, C – my room at college, my drawers, my financials. I am organised inside my head though.
  17. I haven't discovered my real talent yet. I am beginning to worry about it a little bit. There might be nothing there. Does faffing qualify as a talent.
  18. I donot lie. I just oversell
  19. I have a lopsided grin. You would think how can someone miss that. Well, for 27 years – most people including me did. I got out found out in my wedding pictures though
  20. When I start working on something, I start with good planning, lots of energy. As the end seems near, I slack off. I hate it afterwards but at that time – a cricket match, time pass on FB etc becomes of utmost importance. Its beginning to happen here as well.
  21. People say, be focussed. I have done a lot of diverse stuff – from PR to Wealth management to Apparel to Retail to Equity research to PE. Can you be more unfocussed than that. But truly, everything in the above list has made me a better person, added to my persona and I don't regret it. Cut me some slack for post purchase dissonance though.
  22. When I am trying to recall something, there is a vision of someone lying on a moving conveyer belt. End of the conveyer belt is the steep fall. It is like an internal timer. If I cant recollect it until the person on the belt falls, I lose it. It hits me at weird times like in the loo or bathing or in the middle of some arbit unrelated meeting
  23. I am a trivia nut case
  24. I love lists (a virgo trait finally!)
  25. End of the list, I am slacking off. Cant think of anything. The person on the conveyer belt has reappeared and ……………………. Disappeared. Curtains!


cheers

No comments: